LOURDES LITTLE MIRACLES INFANT SECURITY
The Lourdes Little Miracles Birthing Center is equipped with multiple infant security features:
- A security system that locks all exits in the maternity department when an infant is brought near a door
- Continuous videotaping of all entrances and exits in the department
- Special identification badges for Little Miracles Birthing Center staff
- Special identification bracelets for you and your baby
- Safety and security information provided to all families
Please remember the following while you are in the hospital:
- Make certain you are able recognize your baby and his or her unique features.
- Do not allow anyone who does not have a Lourdes picture identification badge to remove your baby from your room.
- Check your baby's identification bracelet with your nurse each time your baby is returned to your room. Confirm that his or her bracelet matches yours.
- Do not carry your baby in the hallway. Instead, push him or her in a bassinet.
- Keep your newborn in sight at all times. If you are alone and need to shower or nap, call a nurse and have your baby placed in the newborn nursery.
What Parents Need to Know
For more information, please call (270) 444-2243.